Ysgol John Bright has an ethos that puts students at the heart of all we do. We are driven by a moral purpose that means we have high expectations and aspirations for all our students . We want students at the school to feel safe and happy; we want them to achieve their full academic potential and we want them to grow as decent citizens. We aim to create an environment in which all students can flourish regardless of their ability and where all students feel valued and rewarded for their endeavours. We want our student to enjoy learning and to have fun as they become well rounded successful young people who are equipped with the skills and qualifications to take up their place in the local or wider community.
The school has a very clear sense of purpose and a vision that is shared by all stakeholders:
- To make Ysgol John Bright a great school that provides an outstanding education for its students and prepares them for life in the 21st century.
- To ensure that all staff are valued and contribute to the future success of the school
- To be the best secondary school in Conwy
Our aim is to transform the life chances of our all students and to set them on their way to happy and successful lives. Educationalists suggest that all young people will learn, enjoy, succeed and thrive in a first rate educational environment, with the best facilities, the best teaching and the most up to date resources available to them. We strive to provide all of these.
We want to become the:
- Education provider of choice for the students
- Employer of choice for the staff
- Investment of choice for the parents
- Centre of choice for community learning and engagement
- All our students to achieve outstanding results at all stages and ages as appropriate to their ability
- All our students that can, to achieve 5 A* – C grades with English and Maths at GCSE
- All our students to achieve 5 A*-G passes at GCSE
- Outstanding student attendance cymru1
- All our students to have the opportunity to engage in sport, music and the performing arts at the highest levels
- All our students to be skilled in literacy and numeracy and are able to apply those skills to life situations
- All our students to be skilled as Life-long learners, understanding their learning style and trained in thinking skill
- All our students to have a positive ‘Attitude to Learning’
- All our students to be able to access and assess their own learning
- All our students to be capable of taking responsibility for their own Individual Learning
- All our students to be regular, competent and discriminating users of technology in the daily activity of learning and managing knowledge.
- All our students to have high self-esteem
- All our students to respect and care for each other and themselves
Graham Davies (Headteacher)