Ysgol John Bright values every individual – all pupils and all staff, teaching and non-teaching as part of our learning community. We aim to provide a stimulating and well-managed learning environment which maximises individual potential and equips pupils of all abilities to meet the challenges of education, work and life in the 21st Century.
- Ensuring equal rights of access to a broad, balanced and upto date curriculum which promotes the full range of life, learning and thinking skills
- Planning for and promoting flexible and responsive learning styles
- Supporting and guiding pupils as they strive for excellence in personal standards of behaviour and achievement
- Ensuring that our pupils acquire the ability to use both English and Welsh effectively
- Promoting the physical, emotional, moral and spiritual health of our pupils
- Ensuring the highest quality of service to our pupils, parents, staff and local community
- Reinforcing and developing attitudes and values to prepare pupils as citizens in local, national and international communities
In order to realise these aims we need to have high expectations of all members of the school community. Regular evaluation of our work highlights the extent to which we are achieving the challenging targets we have set.
We hold the Investors in People Award having been re-accredited for the third time in February 2008 and pride ourselves on the value we place on professional development for all employees.
Our administration staff has expanded to address the workforce re-modelling agenda and it is anticipated that this will continue over the next few years.
The Governors believe in the continued professional development of all staff employed in the school. Training needs are identified either through Performance Management interviews or within Area School Improvement Plans.
These are then incorporated into our School Improvement Plan. We have an established programme for the induction of new staff both newly qualified and experienced.
Click here to read our privacy notice, including the collection of personal information.